[CFP] MULTIDISCIPLINARY AND MULTICULTURAL DISCOURSES: Research and Profession
IULMA ENTRETEXTOS 2018. 25 – 26 OCTOBER 2018
International Conference: MULTIDISCIPLINARY AND MULTICULTURAL DISCOURSES: Research and Profession
We are pleased to announce the Call for papers for the International conference on MULTIDISCIPLINARY AND MULTICULTURAL DISCOURSES: Research and Profession, which will be hosted by the Interuniversity Institute for Modern Applied Languages (IULMA) at Universitat Jaume I, Spain (25th – 26th October 2018).
The conference aims to bring together scholars, researchers and professionals from different disciplinary backgrounds, especially language and communication research and professional domains.
The conference committee invites contributions relating to the following specific topics:
- Linguistics Applied to Multidisciplinary and Multicultural Discourses: Genre behaviour in multilingual contexts, intralinguistic and interlinguistic translations.
- Contrastive Discourse Approaches: Text types, genres, and registers across languages and cultures.
- Technologies in the Multidisciplinary and Multicultural Classroom: The use of new technologies applied to language learning and teaching.
- Corpora in discourse research: The use of corpus linguistics in discourse analysis for research purposes.
- Discourse in professional settings
Instructions for submissions
Submissions should present either complete research or research in progress where, at least, some relevant results have been obtained. Proposals can be submitted to be delivered as:
a) Individual papers (20m + 10m discussion)
Submissions should be written according to the following guidelines
- Abstracts should include 250-300 words, excluding the word count for references. The abstract will be submitted for review and should be formatted as follows:
* Surname, given name, affiliation, e-mail.
* Title, centred, bold, font Times New Roman 14 pts.
* Main text, justified, font Times New Roman 12 pts, linear interspacing 1.
* Keywords (max. 5), italics, font Times New Roman 12 pts.
The author(s) should assign the paper to one of the 5 specific panels mentioned above and choose individual paper or poster presentation. Proposals indicating IULMAENTRETEXTOS International Conference should be sent to: email@example.com
Presentations are accepted in English, Spanish or Catalan. The deadline for submissions is 20th April 2018.
|20 APRIL 2018||DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION|
|11 MAY 2018||COMMUNICATION OF ACCEPTANCE|
|15 JUNE 2018||DEADLINE FOR EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION|
|30 SEPTEMBER 2018||DEADLINE FOR LATE REGISTRATION|
The following Keynote speakers have already been confirmed:
- Ruslan Mitkov (University of Wolverhampton. Professor of Computational Linguistics. Head of the Research Group in Computational Linguistics).
- M. Carmen Valero Garcés (Universidad de Alcalá de Henares). Professor in Translation and Interpretation. Director of the Translation and Interpretation training programme for Public Services. Head of the Research Group FITISPos®)
- Maria Luisa Carrió-Pastor (Universitat Politècnica de València. Professor in Applied Linguistics. Head of the Applied Linguistics department at UPV)